Friday, December 03, 2010

Saigon Grill

2790 South Second Street, Suite H
Cabot, Arkansas
501-605-8884

A simple, no fuss, hard to go wrong with menu of Vietnamese noodle and rice dishes. Many of these will be familiar if you've eaten at Van Lang or Saigon in Little Rock. We started with the spring rolls which were very good. This version had sausage in it along with the shrimp, a nice touch, and a spicy red sauce for dipping instead of the usual peanut sauce. Next time I go, I want to try the egg rolls, the ones in the pictures on the menu look good.

We tried the Asian Five Spice grilled chicken over vermicelli noodles. This was served in a huge bowl, more than one person should be able to eat, though I did manage to finish mine... I found it delicious, I used the whole portion of nuoc cham over mine which was a bit different than I'm used to, but the flavor was good. I might have liked a tad more spice, but understand that in a restaurant you have to go middle of the road to please most folks.

Next time I go, I'd like to try the beef ribs served with rice. The owner assures me this is the best thing on the menu...

While there are enough things on the menu to keep me happy for the next few visits, I'd love to see them offer at least some soups, maybe a nice bun bo hue. On a cold Arkansas winter's day, that would be a real warmer...

Priced reasonably, you can get out of there for less than $15 including tip. Very friendly staff and pleasant cafe atmosphere. Go try it!

2 Comments:

At 7:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My family and I love Saigon Grill; we have eaten there at least six times since they opened the end of September. My husband says they have the best fried rice in town, while I agree with that I love the Asian Five Spice chicken over vermicelli. The eggrolls and spring rolls are wonderful and I love the dipping sauces. If you are looking for a friendly face and lots of tasty food this is the place for you!!

 
At 6:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Saigon Grill! Their food is fresh a delicous, my personal favorites are the Eggrolls, and 5 spice! Also, the ribs are great!!! I would go there any night!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home