Thursday, February 04, 2010

Layla (again)

If you get off in our archives you'll see that we've reviewed Layla over on Rodney Parham before. And I still think it's the best gyro in town and I love everything I've ever eaten there. But today we went specifically as part of the pizza quest. Layla has a limited offering of hand made small size pizza's.

The crust is right up there with the best I've ever had. Crispy, crunchy and fights back just enough to let you know that it's not wimp. Slathered with a rich marinara sauce, lots of oregano and basil, and your choice of meats. I strongly recommend the gyro and pepperoni pizza. And don't let the nine inch size fool you. I've had pizza there two times now and each time I've taken about half of the pizza home with me because I was full.

Layla moves up into our top three...



9501 Rodney Parham RD

1 Comments:

At 1:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

To each his own, but I disagree with your pizza tastes on nearly all of your reviews (haven't tried Gino's yet).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home