Monday, October 09, 2006

The Italian Couple

The Italian Couple
1900 W Third Street, Little Rock, Arkansas 501-372-4448

“Yes! We speak Italian,” is on the cover of the menu at this tiny little restaurant that opened up next door to Warehouse Liquor, down from the capitol on West Third.

When I walked in I was underwhelmed by the décor, or lack thereof. The austerity caused me to remark that they are certainly not wasting any money on decoration. I was, however, pleasantly surprised by the thick Italian accent that our waiter had. Whatever they lacked in being easily understood, they later more than made up for with the fine, full flavored Italian food.

We tried the egg plant Parmesan and the homemade lasagna. At lunch it is two dollars less for any menu item, plus there is a special each day. The food was delivered in ample portions with a wonderful green salad and bread. I can’t recommend the house dressing with olive oil and balsamic vinegar highly enough. I could have made a meal on just that.

I thought it was a pleasant experience and not terribly high priced, you should try it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home