Friday, November 30, 2007

Saigon Cuisine

6805 Cantrell Road
Little Rock

You all know by now that I likes me some Southeast Asian food as much as anybody. And we've been going to Saigon Cuisine on Cantrell for years. They have excellent lunch specials for under six dollars which include Vietnamese style eggrolls and soup. The soup is different every day and is always absolutely wonderful. But that's not what I want to talk about today.

What I had yesterday when my daughter took me out to eat was nothing less than a revelation. See, ever since I read about Bun Bo Hue at Noodlewhore, I've been dying to try some. And there it was, right on the menu - Hue style noodle soup. Wow, was this good. Spicy even without adding the chili peppers that came on the fixin's plate, it is a hearty broth with lots of lemon grass and meaty flavor. I wish I had taken a photo of it, but will borrow this one from NW (please don't mind...)


Saigon. Bun Bo Hue. Vietnamese beers. A must try, you'll thank me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home